Feb 28, 2005

Listening to nothing

Am at work. Bleh. Ahahaha.

Singapore was fun! Managed to buy a couple of albums, but forgot about them and left them at the hotel. Couldn't find them after that when we returned. Bah. Am not happy with self.

Anyway, here's the lowdown for the weekend:
Warning: Very Very Long Entry. You have been warned
Friday night:
Had dinner with my dad at the SS2 mamak called Pelita. Managed to call my bro up in the UK and he told me to have fun and good luck in the tourney. Forgot my cap after dinner, ran back to the mamak and ended up vomitting after that. Reached Amcorp at about 2015hrs. Got a call from Ben about money exchange, which we all had promptly forgotten about. Hahaha. Took some pictures before leaving at 2130hrs. Said goodbyes to everyone, and Ben and I left for KL Sentral on the LRT. Thanks to the running, my stomach didn't end up too well, and I had bowel problems as well as vomitting problems.

We departed KL Sentral at about 22:30hrs, and got bored. After 1 game of Raw deal, we decided to move towards the dining coach, where we could play on proper tables rather than on Ben's bunk. I suppose we played on the train till about 0030hrs before getting some sleep. I can't remember. Bunk was pretty good actually. Quite comfortable. I slept like a log, except when I woke up at 0321hrs. According to Ben, our train had a faulty component (which I found out later at the immigration that the engine had problems). We gave Andy and Azmin calls, but the reception on the train was bad.

Saturday:
Anyway, we woke up at 0600hrs, and visited the dining coach once more. We playtested again and again, which resulted in me (FBI) winning about a good 85% of our matches. We arrived at Woodlands at 0845hrs, and proceeded across immigration without any problems. Bought a singaporean newspaper tabloid which was about 50% about the EPL. The rest were about internal singaporean news. Managed to see an article about deaths by road bullies in Malaysia though. cost me S$0.70 too. Took the bus to woodlands MRT station. Ben had breakfast at BK, and then we proceeded to board the MRT to reach Bugis Street. The whole journey on the MRT took us about 1 hour. Sheeesh. Had to change coaches at the City Hall station, but that wasn't too bad. After that, we had to find for the hotel. Wolf didn't mention exactly where the hotel was except that you get off Bugis St. and it's 10 minutes away from Suntec Mall. We walked a fair bit, and Ben was too in touch with his masculine side, so I did the asking for direction part. We found the hotel, took a bath (separately of course!) and proceeded to go to sleep (Hey, play testing on a train is tiring!). Andy called us up at 1320, and then I talked to Azmin about the directions to get to the hotel. Ben and I decided to take a walk and see Shaw Tower and Suntec City. Looks almost the same the last time I visited the place 2 years ago for my MTG Singapore Grand Prix.

We had lunch at the food court and proceeded to go back to the Con center to see where exactly the tourney is going to be held. We wanted to playtest, but Indiana Jones came on TV, so we chucked wrestling for some old school Harrison Ford action. Haha, as we were watching a fair bit of the movie, Azmin knocked on the door, signalling the arrival of the the rest of the team.

We ended watching Indie and deck constructing. Planned to go out after Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but HBO was having an IJ marathon, so it was screening The Last Crusade. Bah. So we watched that and playtested.

The night was insteresting, at least we got a lot of playtesting out. Which we proceeded to bash each other's head in. Of course, having Freddy vs. Jason on the telly didn't help. The interesting thing is, Shaz fell asleep first, followed by Dawn. I think Andy went off next after Ben left him to join Azmin and myself in our separate room. We watched the EPL game that night between Everton and Aston Villa, which for some odd reason got cutoff because the hotel didn't pay the channel. We watched Totenham vs. Fulham. Bleh match.

Went to sleep rather late, but was satisified knowing that Everton won 3-1.

Sunday:
Tourney day! Azmin was supposed to wake up at 0600 but he slept till 0730. Ben was the earliest at 0700. Myself? Why get out of bed early when you don't have to. Hahahaha. Managed to chat up with the locals about MULTIS and 0 superstarvalue characters :D

Tourney proceeded well actually.
Round 1: vs Crippler
I know how the deck works. Of course, I tried to intimidate the opponent :D MULTI!!! screams and shouts were heard all around the area. Whee! Won on count-out after I stuck EVERY maneuver I had against him.

Round 2: vs Goldberg
Funny story this is. I played Raleigh, NC, Backstage Politics, Managed by Theodore Long, Summerslam and Glass Ceiling. Go me! Those who play the game will understand. Proceeded to beat him down with MULTIS!!!

Round 3: Vs TMPT
I got It's all about the Gamed. Needless to say, I went pretty well, until he stole my BSP to hit me with a ringside Military Slam.

Round 4: Vs Evolution
1st turn for him = Vinny Mac Interferes + 360 Degrees Clothesline. He then proceeded to knock me off my feet with more irreversible maneuvers before I finally undermined him. Proceeded to kill him because he didn't have any fortitude.

Round 5: Vs Rock
I had ALL my manuevers on the table. I couldn't get any heat cards into the ringside to reverse the affect of Brahma Bull. Sigh. I FRIGGIN' HATE FRIGGIN' STALL ROCK!!!! Ended up reversing Shoot Headlock 12 times before he pinned me.

Round 6: Vs Shawn Michaels
My handsize got raped with all the PRS + raw logo combo. She got legs for a 18 damage wheelbarrow slam ended the FBI's match.

Round 7: Vs Edge
I told my opponent that I was pissed because I am 3-3, so I threatened him with the fact that I will whack his ass with MULTIs so bad it would hurt so bad that he won't be able to sit for the next few days. Or something to that extent. I Multied him all the way, while he stole my ability with White Wedding. But it doesn't matter...

Well, end of tourney report. Got a Rey Mysterio GRA and Kurt Angle foil (which I traded for Mountain of a Man)...

Hahahaha... maybe I'll write about more stuff later, but I think that's for a later post. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~~~~~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home