Dec 27, 2004

Listening to the voices. Can you hear them too? They're everywhere!

I wanted to write a rhyme on my Christmas weekend, but couldn't because I can't think at the moment.

Christmas Eve:
Left for Penang at the break of dawn. Spent the whole journey sleeping. Woke up at Georgetown. Had lunch near Komtar. Met with old uni friend. Talked about things that had happened during the 2.5 years we haven't seen each other. Found out that we're each doing well in our own seperate ways. Heh.

Went to the TNB house in Tanjung Bungah (where we're staying). BIG huge house. Set a little corner for myself in the TV room and proceeded to paint my WARMACHINES! figs :) Dinner was at Gurney Drive and was a rather exciting affair as after the dinner (which was char kuey teow and pasembor), the MPP (Majlis Perbandaran Penang) decided to start ticketing vehicles parked illegally near the food area. 30 minutes later we were safe from the local authorities and were in Batu Feringgi. This place is cool. It has two names. Batu Feringgi And Batu Feringhi. And so, I bought Shaun of The Dead for RM8 there. They have lots of imitation products there, but I didn't buy any. I did however bought 2 superglue packs and 3 Nescafe tins at the nearby 7-Eleven.

Continued painting up till 3 am (After watching the hilariously funny SotD). Slept on the couch in the TV room.

Christmas Day:

Moved to a proper bed after my dad removed me from my couch to watch TV at 8am. Properly woke up at 11am. Went and painted a bit more before leaving the house to visit Kok Lek Si Temple near Bukit Bendera. The place was pretty large, and was extremely impressive. Took pictures, and climbed the Pagoda. I lost count of how many floors the pagoda had.

After that, we had lunch and went back to the TNB house. I continued painting while my cousins went to swim in the sea. Come 7 pm, my parents and I had dinner with my old uni friend I met up the day before and her mother. So much to talk about! Topics that came about were: work, future plans, work, food, travelling, mutual friends, mutual friends getting married, work. Hahahaha. She works in Pasir Gudang, Johor at the YTL powerstation. And dinner was excellent!

Went back to the TNB house and watched TV while painting. Slept around 3am after watching Die Hard. Good movie.

Boxing Day:

Again, I was removed from the couch at 8am. Woke up at 8+am when I felt the bed shake. Shrugged it off and continued sleeping till 9am. Later heard that the shaking were due to tremors emanating from Sumatra. Luckily nothing happened in Malaysia, though I heard that 10 foot waves did hit Penang while a Tsunami did struck Sri Lanka and Madras.

Cleaned up my painting workshop, and left the house at 10 am. Slept most of the way back to PJ. Arrived at house at about 3.05pm and left for Amcorp to attend the Christmas party there.

Received a couple of gifts from friends (Thanks again if you guys are reading this!) and gave out a few gifts myself. Everybody's in a jovial mood. Ended up playing Ginrummy (good party game, without the gambling) At long last, finished the day/night/morning off with a visit to a Mamak to have a drink before leaving for home and getting some sleep.

Lunch was fried meehoon, kankung smabal belacan and sambal petai. Drink was iced Nescafe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home