Oct 25, 2004

Rant up ahead. Read at your own risk. May sound whiny and cause irritation of writer.

Some of you are not bothered, but some of you may ask why. Some of you may ask why I decided to write about it since it has never come out into the open. For those who were in the conversation: "One-dimensional"

Those words hurt. I may not look like it, but they cut pretty deep. And even though it was only a game, I couldn't help thinking about myself. Is this how I portray myself to others? One-dimensional?

Am I that airheaded? Do I need to explain myself everytime?

I feel that sometimes we do need to explain ourselves better because of our current society. A morally right person might be wrong in the name of the law, but will regardless be detained because he broke the governing rules.

Whatever happened to trust? I guess that's a utopian concept.

Yes, this is a rant, so I will drag it out like many other angsty articles. And I will probably put in useless sentences like this to make it more dramatic. Or not. And they will be disjointed.

Back to the story, I usually don't tell the downs in my real life. Really. I don't think it's a good idea. I'll give a hint, and then stop at that. If it involves someone else apart from me, I'll usually drop the matter completely. Writing about it decreases the amount of internal pressure I keep. But I can't tell the full story because I'm afraid of hurting another person's feelings.

I guess as much as I am an extrovert most of the times, I do keep some things to myself. It's difficult sometimes, but I don't want to burden anybody with any of *my* emotional baggage. I don't even know if I have any, but this is my nature. This is how I am. It is ok to carry other people's dread and fears, but I don't want mine to be carried by anybody except for myself. This is my burden. And it is mine alone.

*Sigh*

I watched Bowling For Columbine last night. It made me think again. Society is screwed up. If I was perfectly insane, I would have thought: "Why are we doing this to each other? The human race is stupid. We should wipe ourselves out and then let the world survive", but that would be denying the new generation from coming into existence. It's a lose-lose situation.

Bah. Been talking too much. Should do a less serious rant next time.

muds~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home