Oct 22, 2004

Listening to the same old boring stuff

Didn't notice that I posted a double post :/

Harry Potter spoiler. But I think you should have expected it.

Anyway, what am I up to?

I wonder...

This coming week, I will probably have to work through Depavali, the weekend and Raya. Yes, it's the second consecutive year in a row, where I have to work during the holiday season. I had to work during Depavali, Raya, and Christmas last year; while working through New Year, CNY, Depavali, and Raya this year. Go me. Hahahahaha.

Meanwhile, until next week's hectic schedule, I have lots of free time :)

I will be running an RPG campaign using a simple system I thought up that uses things similar to GURPS, Rifts and DnD. But, the game places roleplaying as a very very important skill. You can't just say "I'll try to bluff the guard" and expect to get through. A player will have to actually try to convince me (Take that D20 system!). Of course, skills are still important, but you can only refine it by using it enough times. I mean, how can a person be better at swimming if the only thing he does is sitting at a desk looking at computer components?

Here are the stats available for those interested:

i. Strength - Physical strength. How strong your biceps, triceps and other things similar. Used to carry items, push doors, climbing ropes, etc.
ii. Agility - Reflexes and nimbleness. Explains how good you are with delicate tools, or how quick your reflexes are.
iii. Endurance - This is your fatigue meter. Once it reaches a certain level, you will begin to feel tired and weak. Not sleeping will also reduce your endurance. It can be refilled by resting or taking certain drugs (though it might have some other side effects)
iv. Perception - How sharp your eyes and concentration are. It depends, you can focus on something and not lose concentration, or you might be able to detect that small clue that nobody else seems to find.
v. Movement - Crawling, running and walking speed.

I think there's one more stat, but I can't remember ;P

Back to the topic. Other things I have done include reading up on blogs. Lots and lots of it. And lurking in the GL Forums again.

I should go do some work, but there's none really. Bah.

I had a 7 player Dawn of War session last night. I was utter crap at the game. Hahahahaha. It was a 3 on 4 (I was placed in the group with the more experienced players for a total of 3 players). Didn't contribute much except for bits here and there. But I didn't make the team lose, so that's a good thing :)

Warhammer40K games. Warmachine games. WWE Raw Deal. RPG. General stuff. Hm... lots of things to do.

*Sigh*

Sahur was rice, chicken kurma, some other thing and sambal belacan. I'm gonna break fast with my office mates later on. Thai food. Why? Cause it's to celebrate the Technical Director's birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home