Jun 17, 2006

So many things.... so little time

My brain is working overtime recently. One is mainly because of work. The other may be because of a discussion with a couple of colleagues of mine. I've been known to
a) draw comics/art
b) writing stories
c) making up PnP RPG systems
d) making up Computer/Console Game
e) making homemade movies

Right now, I am currently in the process of doing e). A friend of mine and myself have decided to make a homemade movie with the 10 years old analog Sony Handycam that I have recently acquired. We have thought up of the story board and all, that but we have yet to see production of the thing. It will be made eventually (by the end of next month hopefully) and I will be stuck with work...

With all the thinking, I may want to start with d) soon. However, I'll be stuck with this part time. The last time around I tried this was about 3+ years ago. We managed to get collision detection to work (from scratch) but the project didn't go as planned. The 4 of us got busy with RL (work for me, and higher education for the rest) and therefore it stalled and died there.

However, I have never lost interest in creating a game. I am hoping to start of easy,. My first idea is to create a shoot-em-up. This is mainly because with a shoot-em-up, all the basics of video game design can be learnt and applied.

Some of these basics include: Collision detection, animation, pre-programmed path, learning path, difficulty settings, and a bunch more. However, I do not know where to start. Google or wikipedia?

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM , Blogger xazaru said...

E3 console wars clip???

muahahahaha,

i've to go wif MasterChief!, he'll definately make mincemeat outta off Mario, Link, SolidSnake and GodofWar!!!

 
At 6:31 PM , Blogger mudster said...

Haha. Alien tech owns italian plumbers, fantasy elf, special ops guy and homicidal 2 chain-axe and magic weilding psychopath.

Hm... Maybe scratch that last one...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home