Jan 10, 2005

The Distance To Here - Live

Yesterday was a great day!!!

That concludes that my weekend was an excellent one!

Good things that happened on Saturday:
Got my World of Warcraft CDkey and played the game.
Gamed Warmachines

Good things that happened on Sunday:
Won the tourney! Yes! Won the WWE Raw Deal tourney. Got the Woman's Title Belt tourney prize for it too. I was extremely lucky in the last game to pull off the win. I played Heat FBI, and made the prematch and midmatch decks right before the tourney.
Interestingly enough, I forgot to change 1 card from my previous deck (tho still legal). The Heat FBI had It's All About The Game in it, with all the necessary cards, but I never did play the card throughout the whole tournament. Waste of Slots? Maybe. But it did give a good option against decks that relied on their backlash.

Round 1 was against Andy (Kane-Trol). His starting hand was pretty screwed up as he couldn't consistently reverse my maneuvers. Totally denied his fortitude while hitting with only Grapples. Hit him with a double underhook powerbomb for the pin. Pin Win. 1-0

Round 2 was against Loco (Hard Being This Original Undertaker). We fought each other pretty evenly. He denied me early fortitude, reversing every multi I put out turn after turn. But after hitting 2 snap neckbreakers followed by 2 atomic lariats, Arrivedeci to remove premier smackdown superstar, I gained the fortitude I wanted. He tried to hit me with his Trademark Finisher with his last card, and if I don't reverse it, I'll be dead, Luckily I had Manager Interferes in my hand, though I didn't see it until after I I looked through my ringside pile and backlash deck. D'oh. Pin Win. 2-0

Round 3 was against Wai Loon (Los Guerreros). The early game saw him dominating, but I hit back. Unfortunately, with his ability, he could survive the damage and went for the count out. Countout Lost. 2-1

So with a 2-1 result, I was afraid if I didn't make it to the semifinals. Twice before, I had been eliminated from the top 4, because the opponents I fought weren't "good" enough. This time around though, I managed to go through as there were just enough players with 2 wins or better.

So the semis pairings went like this:
Wai Loon - Los Guerreros(3-0) vs Ahmad - Heat FBI(2-1)
Ian - Foreign Object/High Risk RVD(2-1) vs Benjamin Phua -Stall Rock(3-0)

But wait! Since Wai Loon and myself fought each other just less than 5 minutes ago, the pairings were redone.

Wai Loon - Los Guerreros(3-0) vs Benjamin Phua - Stall Rock(3-0)
Ian - Foreign Object/High Risk RVD(2-1) vs Ahmad - Heat FBI(2-1)

I was lucky because I had a very bad matchup against Benjamin Phua's Rock, and stood a better chance to reach the finals against Ian's RVD.

I got my handsize to 9 on my first turn (Starting handsize 3+2 with draw and 3x Divas Revealed!). Not too bad considering he didn't play any maneuvers on his first turn. Excellent. Hit him for a bit with multis here and there before he reverses one. He plays Mr. Monday Night but I played Sustain Damage to reduce the damage to 1. I can't afford to allow his high risks to fly just yet. More damage with multi maneuvers before I hit him with The Whack. I think I won with Double Underhook Powerbomb.

With that result, I am on the road to the finals. w00t! And guess what? Wai Loon won against Benjamin. Benjamin couldn't keep up with the discard and all the usual Los Guerreros cheating. :P

Oohhh... Grudge Match Finals!

Having lost the last time around, I blurted out to him that I'm planning to use It's All About the Game. Well, needless to say, he countered it with a Bitter Rival of his own and "Old Schooled Wrestling Match"ed me. There goes that game plan.

WL: pass venue
A: Houston, Texas (each player gets to keep 1 card)
WL: Bitter Rivals
A: none
WL: pass Stip
A: pass Stip
WL: pass manager
A: Managed by Dawn Marie
WL: Old School Wrestling Match
A: This is Gonna be a Rocket Buster
WL: We Lie, We Cheat, We Steal
A: Underrated superstar
WL: I'm Gonna Break You
A: Pass

The game goes off with him hitting off the fortitude with Lariat takedown. I played 3 Divas Revealed! to get my handsize up followed by a non-multi snap neckbreaker. He reverses it with a back rake. Hits off another maneuver, I sustain damage, taking in some damage. Again, I attempted another multi, he reverses it again. This kept on going untilabout 5 turns later, he couldn't reverse my snap neckbreaker. This went into a double underhook powerbomb, Next turn, a multi military slam. And then on my next turn it was a multi The Fuggetaboutit. And on the next turn was yet another multi military slam. When he was left with the last card, I said I don't want to hit him any more and won with a count out.

For all that trouble, I won a Woman's Title Belt and a vengeance pack. W00t!

4 of us left Bangsar Shopping Complex to eat at Fish and Co. in Bangsar Village where one of our friend is doing part time. Great food. Seafood Platter is so yummy :9 Went back to Amcorp for about an hour or two, and then left for home. Slept for a couple of hours before waking up to continue playing WoW till 3am. Heh.

No breakfast - Nasi Lemak stall still not open :(

3 Comments:

At 10:55 AM , Blogger ExecutorAzmin said...

Ha ha well done dude!

Had a good celebration lunch as well, didn't we?

:)

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger mudster said...

Hahahaha. Yeah, lunch was good too. Shaz kept on harrassing Sierra o_O

 
At 4:18 AM , Blogger playtoy said...

you got lucky punk !!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home