Jun 23, 2005

Ho Hum...

In the office at the moment. 10:33pm you say? Late you say? I feel it's rather interesting to run a double life heh.

One of my office colleagues was commenting about how he will take a day off next week after so much work. He hasn't seen his 6year old son in the last 5 days or so. Then one of my other colleagues commented about leave and compensation for working late nights and weekends and holidays...

Which brought me to this post. While I do like to take the occasional day off, I feel that I only deserve it if I worked bloody hard for it. I don't mind working on a holiday even. In fact I would rather save my holidays and take them on days where other people would end up working. Less of a hassle when driving to shopping complexes and all that.

And that makes me think... I go and yam-cha/game with my friends after work mainly because I feel that I deserve a break and not because I can. I sometimes feel very guilty when there's no work to be done in the office, or when I leave early (i.e. 6pm sharp). To that extent I feel glad that while I never did study as hard as I should when I was in school and University (though during college, I was quite studious... don't know why exactly. lol), I am a hard worker. I expect other people to work as hard as me, or even harder. I am motivated by those who puts their blood, sweat and tears into their work. I feel disappointed when someone decides to leave their work open ended or hanging. I am not saying that I haven't done any of these "wrongs" before (and I seriously grief when I do). I feel disappointed when someone does not do the responsible thing they should do. And at the same time I envy them. Ironic isn't it? People who don't have a care in the world. Sigh.

I think that's enough ranting for the day. Another piece of me revealed. I think I need some sleep after this. Lol.

Cheerio old chap.

Status: tired.
Dinner was char kuey teow

2 Comments:

At 11:28 AM , Blogger EmptyBox said...

i need a holiday too. am tired for no reason at all.

work sucks sometimes! :P

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger mudster said...

K0tak!!! Haven't heard from you in the longest time. Yeah too much work can be taxing on the body and mind. But I like it until it breaks me :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home