Mar 1, 2004

Listening to............. nothing significant

I'm at work. I mean office. Yeah. The work at the Penchala Tunnel aka Penchala Link aka Tunnel near Mont Kiara is almost complete. A few pending stuff still remains however and I need to clear those items too.

The weekend was GREAT!

Lotsa things happened.
1. I'm back GM-ing the Robotech RPG sessions that I had loved during my secondary school years. It's the Palladium Robotech RPG, if you don't know. Yeah, geeky, but hell it was good. I don't know why, but I managed to get 12 people into the game, with a quarter not knowing anything about the Robotech Universe. The good thing about GM-ing now is that I've grown quite mature in the story telling parts of it, and rather than just play a "shoot first ask questions later" scenarios, the players are actually required to go out of their mecha and do stuff on foot. Plus, I gave the players the freedom to create their character's background, thus promising much development between PCs with NPCs and PCs with PCs.

The only thing bad happened was that one of the players stabbed another player in the back (literally) with an army knife. The wounded player ended up dying when he couldn't get out of a car when a stinger missle was fired at it.

The players were very amusing to play with, and they role played really well. Here's the list of PCs:
1 English Female (boyfriend died in the Zentraedi assault)
1 Russian Female (distnat relative to Captain Gloval)
1 Zentraedi Male (Hippy Zentraedi. Go figure)
1 European Male (backstabber!)
1 Malay Male (how did he end up here in the RDF, only God knows :D)
2 Mexican males (brothers, one, the chain smoker combat medic, ended up dead as explained above)
1 Spanish male (ex military ops)
And a few more that I can't remember the place of origin

All in all good fun. Tiring, yes, but good fun. Ran 2 sessions (Saturday's one was a mecha scenario, while Sunday's was the espionage mission). Watching the 2 guys role play as the mexican brothers was too damn funny. I couldn't keep a straight face when they got into character. And when combined with the guy playing the Malay... Riot ensues~ XD

Chinese motel keeper NPC : What your name, ah?
Malay Guy : (pause) Ah Choo
CMKNPC : You lie! You no look Chinese
Malay Guy : Me mixed. Chinese... and Italian
(Everybody laughs)
Me: o_O

If anybody's interested, please gimme a call. I mean, how often do you get to play a tabletop PnP RPG? I think PnP rpgs is a very difference experience than the console/computer RPGs. After this I'm joining my friend's Star Wars RPG sessions.

2. More RO. 35/25 Swordie now. In Byalan 2.

3. More Gunbound. This game is too fun to not play.

4. Less sleep.

5. Pay's in. W00t.

Breakfast was... air? Didn't have anthing to munch :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home