Jan 10, 2003

Here's some extra stuff about the UK.

1. I didn't see one bit of anime. The closest thing to Japan was Some Hello Kitty products and Yugioh cards.
2. My bro's college is pretty cool. Had people coming from Nigeria, M'sia, HK, Taiwan, and Vietnam. The girls (tho young) are pretty cute :3
3. I saw only 1 Dragonlance book in my whole trip. :O Pratchett's books were all over tho.
4. Games Workshop was cool. I visited one 5 years ago, and it never stopped to amaze me how nice and detailed the tabletop battle arenas are. Oh, GW also created a line of LOTR:FOTR and TTT playable miniatures. I think I got to see mini Aragorn and co.
5. Wanted to see/buy pr0n, but parents were around. :(
6. Yugioh is bigger than Magic The Gathering. Wow.
7. The Brits are full of Pagan hunters. I couldn't find a copy of Diablo 2: Lords of Destruction after the New Year!
8a. UK TV is cool. If anybody gets a chance to go there, try catching "The Basil Brush Show". It's on BBC2 9 am. It's a kid's show, but the whole show appeals to even adults. Good stuff.
8b. I got to see The Weakest Link. Wierd game show. Very evil.
8c. Saw a show called Daily Politics. Got to watch Tony Blair fighting off Opposition's questions in the House of Commons. Pretty nifty.
8d. Caught James Bond 007: Goldeneye on normal telly. I pity our TV broadcast.
8e. The morning shows likes to repeat stuff every hour. Yeech.
9. There are helluva lot of roundabouts in England.

More later when (...if) I remember them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home